Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid - Response

I just read your article, and I find it strangely coincidental that you did not mention your own political affiliation. Nor did you offer any arguments as to why another party is superior. Was the purpose of your essay simply to discredit the Libertarian party? Was this done out of spite or with some other malicious intent?
I am an Independent, a constitutional moderate if one must be labeled, that co-hosts an internet radio show on a libertarian network. I am strongly against any party affiliation for I feel it undermines the political process to vote along party lines and not for the candidate you feel most accurately represents you. This being said, I have many unanswered questions in relation to the libertarian policies; what happens to children, the environment, ect.. However, I strongly align myself with them when it comes to the legislating of morality. Are we truly free in thought and action when the government, who according to the constitution is only there to preserve the rights that men are born with, dictates whom we should hire or what to do with our personal property? If for some reason I chose not to hire someone or refuse service, is that not my right? Having legislation forcing me to act in a certain way does not diminish my feelings on the subject and only exasperates the situation causing resentment for my government and whomever they forced me to hire. Here I am halfway through commenting on your slanderous essay and it dawned on me that it might be the case that you are ignorant of the constitution, the central document to the American way of life. Are you aware of the fact that it promises the people of the United States a republican form of government (article 4, section 4), that the Founders abhorred democracy?
“A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.” – Thomas Jefferson
In a republic, you can not vote on matters of private property, be that property; your body, land or business. This alone demonstrates the criminality of such laws as; the Civil rights act of 1964, minimum wage laws, any form of prohibition, the list goes on and on. You are correct in your assertion that the libertarian philosophy is imperfect, but at least they seek to address the gross overreaching perpetrated on the American people by the “two party system”’. Perhaps your readers may have been better served if you had included; Democrats are fascists who want to dictate how you spend your money and Republicans are fascists who want to dictate how you think. Wow, what do you know, the one party system consists of two groups of fascists that want to legislate morality! My stating that both parties are fascist may surprise you, however you cannot argue the point that both parties lie on the extreme left, in the field of totalitarinism where a centralized governing body exercises total control. Therefore, to close this response, I would just like to say I find it deeply disheartening to read such a one-sided article. Perhaps Congress can pass legislation to force you to present more than just one side of an argument even if that conflicts with your personal feelings and the purpose of your essay, oh wait; they are trying with the fairness act.
Please, feel free to contact me in defense of your article, and you are more than welcome to come on our show, North Virginia Patriots@ RestoretheRepublic.com M-F 6:00pm-7:00pm, just email me and we can set up the date.

Sincerely, William Morgan (a.k.a. Bill the Farmer)

No comments:

Post a Comment